2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We consider information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, home or other physical address, email address, phone number, photograph or other contact information to be Personal Information ('Personal Information'). You may be asked to provide Personal Information when you fill in forms on the Website or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Our Website, subscribe to any service, search for a product, purchase a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, apply for a job application through the 'careers' section and when you report a problem with Our Website. The information you provide Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. In addition, when you interact with the Website, Our servers keep an activity log unique to you that collects certain administrative and traffic information including: source IP address, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, language use, software crash reports and type of browser used. This information is essential for the provision and quality of the services provided by the Website. We do not collect Personal Information about you on the Website without your knowledge.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. The “Help” menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience all of the interactive features on Our Website.
To configure Our cookies and those of third parties, users can go to:
- Google Chrome: Tools → Settings → Show advanced settings → Content settings → Cookies → Block third-party cookies and site data.
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools → Options → Privacy → History→ Use custom settings for history (uncheck all boxes).
- Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options → Privacy → Settings for the Internet Zone (move the navigation bar up to "Block all cookies").
- Safari: Settings → Preferences → Privacy → Block cookies (select "always")
- Safari (IOS): Settings → Safari → Block cookies
4. INFORMATION USE
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to Our service;
- to ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
5. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
Subject to paragraph 7 below, you agree that We have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Website;
- credit or reference agencies for the purpose of verification of your personal information where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org-. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of any data which was carried out by US, or on Our behalf, prior to Your consent being withdrawn.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, product manufacturers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. MERGERS AND OTHER EVENTS REQUIRING TRANSFER
If We should ever file for bankruptcy, or become insolvent, or be acquired by a third party, merge with a third party, sell all or part of Our assets, or transfer substantially all or part of Our relevant assets to a third party, We are entitled to share the Personal Information and all other information you have provided through the Website to potential and subsequent business and merger partners.
9. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access and port Your data (where applicable), to rectify, erase and restrict the use of Your personal data, to object to its processing and, if processing is based on consent, to withdraw consent. These rights can be exercised in accordance with the Gibraltar Data Protection Act 2004 and any other relevant legislation which may be in force from time to time. Any access request will be subject to a fee to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
You may address any complaints that You may have regarding our handling of Your personal data to the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority.